The Old Testament was written originally in Hebrew and Aramaic languages on papyrus scrolls.
As per the new Christian classification it has
39 books with 929 chapters.
For comparison, the New Testament contains 27 books with 260 chapters.
The Bible in total contains 66 books and 1189 chapters.
Although the central topic of the bible is the moral/ethical norms, the relationship between:
- (A) GOD and PEOPLE
- (B) PEOPLE and PEOPLE
while in the same time describes the (39 books with 929 chapters
- Creation (in descriptive form, more details are provided through the means of science) (1 book)
- The history of the mankind and the Hebrew nation (4+12 books)
- Poetry including: narratives, prayers, wisdom sayings, philosophy and love (5 books)
- Prophecies including predictions of big and small prophets (4+13 books)
As comparison the topics of the New Testament (27 books with 266 chapters
In total: 66
- Redemption by Jesus (4 books)
- History of the Apostles and early Christianity (1 book)
- Apostolic letters (21 books)
- Prophetic predictions (1 book)
books with 1189